Thursday, 23 February 2017

Recent Sells and Buys

Recent sells:

- CSX: 150 shares @ $43.25 (bought in 2013 @ $20.54), - $108 dividend
- NSC: 50 shares @ $120.31 (bought in 2012 @ $58.10), - $122 dividend

I think rails have become too expensive, and their dividend has been stagnant for some time now. I would buy back in if the shares price became reasonable again. Seems like Hunter Harrison Hornyness (HHH) is to blame.

Recent Buys:

- VFC: 100 shares @ $48.58, + $168 dividend, 3.46% yield
- BP: 30 shares @ $33.90, + $71.40 dividend, 7.02% yield
- XTC: 475 shares @ $11.65, + $152 dividend, 2.75% yield


Yearly dividends are now $11,243.

6 comments:

  1. Nice capital gains on those sells. Hopefully you can duplicate that effort with your new picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope I do. And hopefully I don't regret selling the rails. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I have also made a few more sells then I would have liked to. The new buys I was able to make due to the sales were well worth it though. VFC is an amazing purchase right now. I'm not to sure about BP though. Their payout ratio is insane and I'm wondering how long they can maintain this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm nopt too sure about BP either, which is why I only bought $1000 worth. It all depends on the price of oil in 6 to 12 months. As for VFC and XTC, I'm pretty confident about their futures.

      Delete
  3. I love VFC but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on an apparel company right now with all the headwinds in both apparel and retail; feels a bit too risky for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to buy companies that are out of favour - so VFC was an easy buy. It's hard to go against the grain but it has served me well. Good luck!

      Delete