Saturday, 1 October 2016

Some Transactions

Here are yesterday's transactions:

Sold 100 of my 230 shares of HCP for $38.44/share

I paid $37.20 in June 2014. I'm not sure about the quality of this company anymore so I trimmed my holdings.

Sold 100 of my 200 shares of ATCO for $46.90/share

I paid $40.60 in June 2015. I never planned on keeping it forever because of the low dividend yield.

Sold my 150 shares of Highliner Foods for $26.17/share

I paid $12.97 in February 2016. A double in 7 months...so I decided to take the money and run.

I bought 125 shares of Power Corp for $27.88/share

This is my way of betting that interest rates will increase soon. This brings me to 350 shares of POW.

I bought 100 shares of Canadian Utilities for $37.19/share

I took some of the money from the sale of ATCO and put it back into CU. I now have 300 shares of CU that I plan on keeping a very long time.

I bought 450 shares of Algonquin Power & Utilities for $11.86/share

AQN is new to my portfolio. Althought these shares trade on the TSX, the dividend is paid in USD. Next week I'll probably opt for the dividend reinvestment plan because it offers a 5% discount on the share price. And like Telus and Enbridge, AQN has provided guidance on it's dividend growth over the next several years: +10% per year.

I bought 50 shares of Vodafone  for $29.25/share

Why not? It's cheap. I'll have to cash in on this one when the share price increases because the dividend is stagnant.

I bought 50 shares of Wells Fargo for $44.60/share

I hope Warren is doing the same. Surprisingly, WFC's share price was quite resiliant this week.


With these transactions, my 12-month forward dividends increase to $10,836 from $10,641.





2 comments:

  1. Great returns on Highliner Foods -- congratulations!

    I'm long WFC and waiting to see if I pick up more shares at an even lower price... we'll see how it goes.

    Great forward dividend total -- your almost at the $1,000 a month level! Keep up the good work!

    Cheers
    FerdiS, DivGro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fredi,

      I was holding out for a lower price on WFC, but after seeing how resiliant the share price remained throughout the week, I caved. But I do have enough USD to add another 100 shares should we see under $40.

      BTW, I don't comment much, but I do enjoy following your blog.

      ADY

      Delete