Friday, 26 August 2016

New Purchase - Power Corp

On August 25, 2016, I added 100 shares of POW.TO to the 125 I purchased on August 15, 2016.

Number of shares purchased
100
Price per share
$27.40
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$27.50
Total cost
$2,749.95
Annual dividend per share
$1.34
Initial dividend yield
4.87%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$134.00

My 12-month forward dividends now stand at $10,392. WBA and CVS have come down a little because of the Mylan epipen debacle. IMO, this is a tempest in a teapot so I'm thinking of buying more CVS and maybe WBA.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Salut MD,

      Il n'y a pas beaucoup d'aubains dans le marché en ce moment mais je pense que POW et PWF représentent des bonnes valeurs. J'aime bien le taux de dividend que ces deux offrent.

      Bonne fin de semaine

      Delete
  2. That's a very nice yield on cost! Congratulations -- I'm not so familiar with Power Corp, so I'll have to take a look... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deals are few and far between but POW has suffered because of new mutual fund rules coming to Canada. Companies selling MFs will have to be more transparent on their fee structure and this may impact earnings. But I'm confident that POW's subsidiaries will adapt.

      Delete
  3. you are killing it on the forward dividends keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. I'm trying to get to $12,000 by years end but there just aren't that many appealing buys right now.

      Delete