Tuesday, 5 May 2015

New Purchase - Canadian Utilities

On May 6, I added to my position in Canadian Utilities. The description on their website says:

Alberta-based Canadian Utilities Limited, with more than 6,800 employees and assets of approximately $16 billion, delivers service excellence and innovative business solutions worldwide with leading companies engaged in Utilities (pipelines, natural gas and electricity transmission and distribution) and Energy (power generation, natural gas gathering, processing, storage and liquids extraction).

What I like most about CU is that it has increased its dividend for 43 consecutive years.

Number of shares purchased
125
Price per share
$37.40
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$37.48
Total cost
$4,684.95
Annual dividend per share
$1.18
Initial dividend yield
3.15%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$147.50


My dividend income is now $8,327.65 per year.

4 comments:

  1. Good purchase and I'm impressed by your dividend income of over $8,000 per year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. With the NDP taking office in Alberta, Canadian oil stocks were hammered today. I'll be having a hard look tomorrow and might even add more CU if the share price continues to drop.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I like the purchase. Just recommended it to a friend I am helping out with her investing, and she bought it a few weeks ago. It is on my watchlist, but right now there are a few others ahead of it. Very likley it will take a bit of a hit when/if rates rise, but long term I think it is a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you're still around.

      I agree that CU will do just fine over the long haul.

      Delete