Tuesday, 3 March 2015

New Purchase - HCP


On March 2, I used the money from the sale of 50 shares of TGT (Dec 12, 2014) to re-initiate a position in HCP.

Number of shares purchased
100
Price per share
$42.15
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$42.25
Total cost
$4,224.95
Annual dividend per share
$2.26
Initial dividend yield
5.35%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$226.00

Unfortunately, my annual dividends were significantly reduced when Ensco cut its dividend by 80%. With the purchase of HCP, my dividend income stands at $7,993.16 per year.

Below is a list of my dividend increases and decreases so far this year - and it's not pretty:

Company
2015 Div. Increase
$$$ Increase
Accenture


AGCO
9.1%
$4.04 USD
Baxter International


BHP Billiton


BP


Canadian Utilities
10.3%
$2.75 CAD
Chevron


CSX


Cummins


CVS Caremark
27.3%
$30.00 USD
Deere


Eaton
12.2%
$12.00 USD
Enbridge
32.9%
$120.98 CAD
Ensco
-80.0%
-996.00 USD
IBM


JP Morgan


Kraft


Norfolk Southern


North West Company


Occidental Petroleum


Reckitt Benckiser


Rogers Comm
4.9%
$24.75 CAD
Saputo


SNC Lavalin


Suncor Energy


Target Corp.


Telus
5.3%
$11.64 CAD
Tesco
-100%
-16.50 USD
Teva


TD
8.5%
$16.00 CAD
Vodafone
2.0%
---
Walgreen Co


Total

-$790.34


4 comments:

  1. I like the chart showing your dividend increases and decreases....sorry that your decreases currently outweigh your increase. Hopefully future increase eventually even things out a bit for you. We also own ESV so we are feeling a little bit of your pain as well. :(

    Best wishes! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, I started this table to show how well I was doing.

      I hope we come out of the ESV experience a bit wiser.

      Take care

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the short-term dividend decrease. From the long run, things will surely turn out fine.

    I like your HCP purchase. Did you buy it directly, or is it a put assignment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you're right wrt to my longterm dividends.

      As for HCP, the shares were purchased with a limit order. I just returned from a business trip and noticed HCP shares are down quite a bit from my purchase price. Should have been a little more patient.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete