Monday, 22 September 2014

New Purchases - CMI, ETN and ESV

Today I was looking at the performance of my recent additions and felt like my ass was being handed to me; AGCO, DE, SU and TSCDY are tanking. Some shopping therapy was in order. I feel so much better now that my yearly dividends are up $296.

On September 22, I initiated positions in Cummins (CMI) and Eaton (ETN). I also added to my position in Ensco (ESV).

            Cummins

Number of shares purchased
25
Price per share
$136.00
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$136.40
Total cost
$3,409.95
Annual dividend per share
$3.12
Initial dividend yield
2.29%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$78.00

            Eaton

Number of shares purchased
50
Price per share
$64.85
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$65.05
Total cost
$3252.45
Annual dividend per share
$1.96
Initial dividend yield
3.01%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$98.00

            Ensco

Number of shares purchased
40
Price per share
$43.80
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$44.05
Total cost
$1761.95
Annual dividend per share
$3.00
Initial dividend yield
6.81%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$120.00

I am overweight ESV and now hold 315 shares. I won’t be adding more as I have exhausted my cash reserves in this account. Also, ESV now accounts for 13% of my yearly dividend income, which I find too high.

My dividend income is now $7,318.59 per year.

6 comments:

  1. My ESV position is getting a bit high as well, but I am buying shares tomorrow through Sharebuilder and will definitely add some more in the future especially since the yield is approaching 7%. BBL has been getting hit pretty hard recently and I think offers good value here.

    MDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at BBL's share price and wow. It's down 20% over two months! I know a few other bloggers also hold BBL. I'll be sure to check it out this week.

      Delete
  2. I been putting all my dividend back into ESV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same. I received about $280 from ESV and BP last week which I used in my ESV purchase. I think the market has been acting a bit silly with the drillers.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recent purchases with us. I happen to like CMI the best from your picks. I have been following it for some time just never pulled the trigger on it. I am quite heavy in the industrial sector and want to diversify into other sectors more before adding this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these purchases as I think all three companies have a bright future. But I can see why you prefer CMI. If what I've read is even half true, they will be growing very quickly over the next few years.

      Cheers

      Delete