Sunday, 31 August 2014

New Purchase - AGCO


On August 25, I initiated a position in AGCO.

AGCO manufactures farming equipment such as tractors and silos. They are not well know in the USA, where Deere is dominant, but are “big” in Europe and emerging markets.

Number of shares purchased
101
Price per share
$48.36
Commission
$9.95
Total cost per share
$48.46
Total cost
$4,894.30
Annual dividend per share
$0.44
Initial dividend yield
0.91%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends
$44.44


My dividend income is now $6,839.09 per year.

2 comments:

  1. Good buy. Betting on the farm sector is a wise decision. I've bought Deere share. They should also become a good piece from the agricultural market. Best Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I was looking to add a growth stock to my portfolio and AGCO fits the bill. I also own DE and think both companies are well positioned for future growth.

      Going over weight TGT, ESV and RCI.b and buying a small position in TSCDY has increased my portfolio "risk". I feel that AGCO will add some stability.

      I was disappointed that TSCDY cut the dividend. I'll be keeping my 100 shares but won't be adding anytime soon. I was about to buy 100 more @ $12.20. Glad I didn't get the chance.

      Delete