Tuesday, 15 July 2014

New Purchases - Rogers Communications & Target

Today, I purchased shares in two unloved companies.

Rogers Communications (RCI.B)

50 shares @ $41.35
Initial yield 4.4%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends: $91.50

I now hold 275 shares of Rogers with an average price of $44.00.

Target (TGT)

50 shares @ $60.50
Initial yield 3.4%
Increase in forward 12-month dividends: $104

I now hold 250 shares of Target with an average price of $61.42.


My yearly dividends now stand at $6,391.96.

2 comments:

  1. TGT has been the big talk on the dividend blog space as it seems that almost every dividend investor picked up TGT during the past three months or so. I just can't get behind any of he retailers these days including WMT. I know TGT has a great long term dividend history but I think the retail sector is facing some serious headwind from the Internet that is only seemingly getting stronger. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many negatives surrounding TGT, including a possible exit from Canada. And I've also noticed that in general terms, several retailers are not doing so well. This was my last purchase of TGT until management "shows me the money".

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete