Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Target Increases Dividend


Today, Target increased its dividend from $0.43 to $0.52 per quarter, or 20.9%. I am quite surprised given the companies recent hardships.

Target's new dividend yield is 3.6%, which makes the current share price very cheap based on the “average dividend yield” metric.

The dividend increase adds $72.00 USD to my yearly dividends.

As of today, my dividend increases for 2014 are:

Company
2014 Div. Increase
$$$ Increase
Baxter International
6.1%
$13.26 USD
BP
2.6%
$7.98 USD
Chevron


CSX
6.7%
$6.00 USD
CVS Caremark
22.2%
$20.00 USD
CVX
7.0%
$5.95 USD
Deere
17.6%
$16.20 USD
Digital Realty Trust
6.4%
$12.00 USD
Empire Co


Enbridge
11.1%
$36.82 CAD
Ensco


GreenStar Agri
50%
$92.00 CAD
HCP
3.8%
$3.20 USD
JP Morgan
5.3%
$16.00 USD
Kraft


Norfolk Southern
3.9%
$4.00 USD
North West Company
3.6%
$16.00 CAD
Occidental Petroleum
12.5%
$8.00 USD
Reckitt Benckiser


Rogers Comm
5.2%
$18.00 CAD
Saputo


SNC Lavalin
4.3%
$10.00 CAD
Telus (2 increases)
11.8%
$24.00 CAD
Teva
5.2%
$13.94 USD
Target Corp.
20.9%
$72.00 USD
Walgreen Co


Total

$303.35


GreenStar Agriculture has been removed from my list of increases as I sold almost all my shares.

My forward 12-month dividends now stand at $6,295.56.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't expect a dividend increase anywhere near this much but I'll gladly take it. It's great to finally get some positive news out from Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I just hope that the Canadian issue is resolved quickly. I live outside of Montreal in a town where there is one WMT and one TGT. I find TGT a more attractive place to shop, but there are far more people at the WMT than at the TGT. Canadians were expecting US prices from TGT and because they didn't get them, they are pissed. But no other retailer offers US pricing either!

      Delete
  2. Hi ADY,
    How did you miss Chevron's increase announced earlier this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realised i have "Chevron" and "CVX" in my table. I will remove one before my next post!

      Thanks for pointing that out.

      Delete
  3. What a great and welcoming surprise! 21% is a big deal. We own shares of TGT in our family's dividend stock portfolio and cant wait to put those new dividends to use.

    BTW, you're doing great...18 stocks with dividend increases so far this year, keep it up! Cheers! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad i don't have cash in the account I hold TGT in because i would have added another 100 shares after the dividend increase. I might sell some Empire Company to buy Target next week - I'm on the fence and will entertain the idea this weekend.

      Take care

      Delete
  4. The TGT increase caught everyone off guard. I know no one expected such a high increase. Similarly, no one expected such a small increase for CLX either. It's all good. An increase is an increase in my book and it's better than a stock that pays nothing or decrease its dividend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on! I got several small increases this year, but each one has kept me ahead of inflation.

      Sorry it took so long to post a response. I am in the middle of relocating to a new city.

      Delete