Wednesday, 19 March 2014

New Purchase - HCP


Earlier this week, I set 2 limit orders that expire at end of day tomorrow:

HCP (HCP): 40 @ $36.70
Ensco (ESV): 50 @ $47.25

My limit order for HCP went through this morning, which brings my total to 80 shares.

August 2013 purchase: 40 @ $41.25 ($41.00 before commission), initial dividend yield 5.1%

Today's purchase: 40 @ $36.95 ($36.70 before commission), initial dividend yield 5.9%

My average cost per share, including commission, is $39.10. 40 shares of HCP will add $87.20 to my forward 12-month dividends, which now stands at $6,092.70.

6 comments:

  1. That is a great purchase. I bought a couple of times myself at the end of last year. REITs continue to be attractive at current levels.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of REITs because of their lower dividend growth compared to the usual suspects. But you're absolutely right in that current prices are attractive. I'd definately add more in the low 30's.

      Take care

      Delete
  2. First of all nice purchases. Second of all, congrats on breaking the $6,000 forward income mark! That is quite a feat. I hope to join you on Monday as I'm less than $10 annual income away from it myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CI. I've been waiting patiently to add some HCP for a while. Others that I would like to add are ESV, TGT, BAX and maybe RCI.b @ $40.

      I'm quite happy with $6,000 and hoping for $7,000 by the end of the year.

      I liked your 10 companies to round out my portfolio post. Gave me a few ideas.

      Delete
  3. I have a bunch of HCP feels like all the metrics scream undervalued but my position is down/flat for the past 18 months or so. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot say much. But I recently read a column where the author says he interviewed Stephen Jarislowky just after the 1987 crash. SJ said, "Never sell a good asset."

      I've never been attracted to REITS because of their low dividend growth. But current prices got the best of me.

      Good luck.

      Delete