Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Digital Realty Trust Increases Dividend


Two dividend increases in one day! First Rogers Communications, and now Digital Realty Trust, who increased its dividend by 6.4%, from $3.12 to $3.32 USD per year.

Given DLR's current dividend of over 6%, a 6.4% increase is fantastic. Sure beats what I got for Teva and Rogers.

The dividend increase adds $12.00 USD to my yearly dividends.

As of today, my dividend increases for 2014 are:

Company
2014 Div. Increase
$$$ Increase
CVS Caremark
22.2%
$20.00 USD
Digital Realty Trust
6.4%
$12.00 USD
Enbridge
11.1%
$36.82 CAD
HCP
3.8%
$3.20 USD
Norfolk Southern
3.9%
$4.00 USD
Rogers
5.2%
$18.00 CAD
Telus
5.9%
$12.00 CAD
Teva
5.2%
$13.94 USD
Total

$119.96

My forward 12-month dividends now stand at 5,971.50.

6 comments:

  1. DLR is a beast. I am so glad I added this company last year. Two dividend increases in one day is awesome. I got two as well (CSCO and DLR).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope they continue healthy dividend increases for years to come. At this rate, DLR will make us a pile of $$$!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. ADY - that is good news. I have stuck with DLR since buying it around $59 last year so it has been a challenging hold.
    I also received two dividend increases today, but not at all happy with the Thomson Reuters increase of only 1.54%. I am going to put up a short blurb on my blog tomorrow about it, but suffice to say it is getting close to sell territory for me.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.54%...why did they bother going through the trouble? I'll have a look at your article.

      As for DLR, some buys you time right (your not doing so bad with SWK), and some you don't (like me with ESV, TEVA and TGT). All in all, your return is excellent - I read your article.

      Keep in touch.

      Delete
  3. That's a solid increase for DLR, especially with their current yield. I never purchased any shares because there was always some other shiny object catching my eye. I have a feeling they'll eventually find their way into my portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of REITs, buy just could not resist when their share prices took a hit due to fear of rising interest rates. My plan was to make a quick buck, but if DLR continues on the same path, I will be holding for a long time.

      Liked your short blurb on TGT the other day. I'm more worried about their entry into Canada than the creditcard debacle.

      Take care.

      Delete