Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Enbridge Increases Dividend


On December 4, Enbridge increased its dividend from $1.26 to $1.40 per year, or 11%.

When I bought shares in 2009, my initial dividend yield was 3.7%; the stock currently yields 3.24%. Five dividend increases later, my yield on cost is 6.87%!

As of today, my dividend increases for 2014 are:

Company
2014 Div. Increase
$$$ Increase
Enbridge
11%
$36.82
Telus
5.9%
$12.00
Vodafone*
8%
$34.00
Total

$82.82

            * Based on GBP to USD = 1.54

My forward 12-month dividends stand at $5,289.40.

6 comments:

  1. Well done, I see ENB has been extremely kind to you! I imagine it will continue to shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In terms of dividend growth, this has been my second best holding. I am very content with ENB's performance. Before buying in 2009, I had a long conversation with my wife as I thought the stock was overvalued. She liked what they were about and we bought.

      I'm all about what's undervalued but ENB has showed me another side to investing.

      Delete
  2. Thats outstanding! Ive had similiar results with MO and PM purchases from 2010.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see our strategy at work. Seeing my YOC rise keeps me focused on lower initial yields with higher dividend increases.

      Delete
  3. 11% is a nice growth for sure! And it really is outstanding seeing your yield basically doubled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see the magic at work. And there are more good times ahead of us!

      Delete