Thursday, 28 March 2013

New Purchase - Bank of Nova Scotia


Over the years, I’ve traded in and out of Bank of Nova Scotia, better known as Scotiabank (BNS-T). A couple days ago, I purchased 125 shares of BNS-T @ $59.75 a share ($59.67 + $9.95 commission). I have yet to decided if this is a short or long position. I will evaluate based on market conditions; I fear a real-estate bubble in Canada, which will certainly impact bank profits if and when it hits.

This is by far my favorite Canadian bank because of its international exposure; Anguilla, Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ireland, England, Jamaica, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay and USA – I think I got them all.

I don’t have an analysis of this stock because I rely on Tom Connolly’s (dividendgrowth.ca).

With this new purchase, my forward 12-month dividends stand at $4,117.98.


No comments:

Post a Comment